JLM & Associates offers personal development counseling to help you take control of your personal and business success. Learn how to seize the kind of income you deserve and achieve the successful future of your dreams.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Thank Them Again

My message today is about fulfilling your obligations. I’m not talking about paying your bills on time, keeping your promises or always doing what you say you will do, when you say you will do it.

Let me ask you an important question. Who were the people that really helped you when you needed it most? Take your time and think about this before you answer. I’m not referring to those people who may have taken advantage of you when you were down to better themselves or those opportunists who wanted something you had and offered their help in return.

These types of people can be found all along the sometimes bumpy road to success. Their attitude is one-sided, even if for the moment they seem to care about your problem. Their gifts usually come with very long strings attached, and if you accept them, a great burden often accompanies them. These people are not who I have in mind.

The people I’m talking about are those who have helped you unconditionally, and they asked nothing in return.

If you have been fortunate enough to have had such a special person in your life, I hope you can bring them back into focus, just for a moment, so we can take care of some unfinished business.

Think carefully about the amount of time that has elapsed since the time when they helped you. Too many times, the careers that those individuals helped to launch are the very obstacles that get in the way of our acknowledgement of their contribution to our success.

The reason I’m writing this today is because I recently lost a selfless friend that I wish very much that I had called, just one more time. My friend knew who much I appreciated all he had done for me over the years. I told him more than once how much he had meant to my success. But now that he’s gone, I wish I had told him one more time, just to be sure.

Don’t let this happen to you. Take the time today to let the people who have helped you, know what they have meant to you. There aren’t enough of them in the world. Let’s make sure they know that they are appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home